Kuromi is cheeky, punk, and still adorable. She has been around for a while, but other than the fact that she is a Sanrio character—the same firm that created Hello Kitty—we still don’t know much about her. Continue reading if you’re fascinated about Kuromi!
My Melody, a Sanrio character, and Kuromi are frequently pictured together, but did you know that the two are actually rivals? My Melody made her television debut in 1975 as Hello Kitty’s best friend in the show The Adventures of Hello Kitty and Friends, whereas Kuromi made her debut in the show Onegai My Melody in 2005, which was much later.
“The Melody Key, an artifact with dream-corrupting abilities, is in the possession of Kuromi, an escaped prisoner from Mari Land. Together with her sidekick Baku, they have plans to collect 100 black notes in order to resurrect the Spirit of Dark Power. Who knows? in retaliation for the trouble My Melody, her competitor had caused her (by accident, to be clear). When Kuromi journeys into the world of humans, she encounters Keiichi Hiiragi, a popular high school kid in Yumegaoka, with whom she forms a friendship and even falls in love.
My Melody sets off on her own to collect 100 pink notes to foil Kuromi’s evil schemes while carrying the Melody Takt, Melody Candies, and Melody Box.
There, My Melody meets Uta Yumeno and her friends and they become partners in the quest to stop Kuromi’s plans and save both the human world and Mari Land.” source
We knew that Kuromi was a bit cheeky but a prisoner.
Here are some more facts about Kuromi that you maybe didn’t know:
1. Kuromi and My Melody are rivals but the two don’t actually hate each other, when My Melody locked herself in a cabinet Kuromi told her that if she dies, who will she fight?
2. Kuromi is a tomboy but is secretly also very girly: she has a soft spot for cute guys.
3. Kuromi’s favorite color is black (duh)
4. Kuromi’s hobbies include: writing in her diary, cooking and reading romance novels.
5. Kuromi is the leader of a biker gang (well they ride tricycles) the members of Kuromi’s 5 are: Nyanmi, Wanmi, Konmi and Chumi.
6. Kuromi’s sidekick is called Baku: a flying tapir.
7. Kuromi’s favorite food? Shallots!
8. Kuromi used to be friendly but became convinced that My Melody is trying to ruin her life because of some accidents that happened like My Melody ripping out Kuromi’s notebook.
Kuromi is a Japanese brand that produces high-quality, stylish clothes for both men and women. Their products are known for their attention to detail and sophisticated style, and they have a wide range of clothing options available to suit every personality. If you’re looking for fashion-forward clothes that will make you look your best, then Kuromi is definitely worth checking out.